I have started to get the itch to bake again. Problem is, my child refuses to nap for more than 45 minutes at a time so my reentry into baking needs to be perfectly timed (no pun intended). When I saw the new NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® baking mixes at my Publix last week I grabbed a few boxes and figured I would save them for a night when Justin and I wanted a little something special for dessert.
This weekend we went out to lunch with my family at a place where we are known for usually getting dessert. I had mine all picked out but when we finished our entrees Easton and my 1 1/2 year old nephew had hit their restaurant limit and we had to end the meal without anything sweet. Justin and I had both been looking forward to a restaurant quality dessert and so I decided to recreate one at home.
- one box of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Cookie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce (I used this recipe but store bought works great too)
- Nestle Tollhouse Mini Morsels
- Flake sea salt or Fleur de Sel
1.) Prepare baking mix as directed on the box.
2.) Grease and flour a muffin tin. Press dough into each cup (mine were about 2/3 full).
3.) Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until tops are starting to brown.
4.) Let cool completely before removing from muffin tin.
5.) Top each cookie with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Finish with some mini morsels and a sprinkle of sea salt.
6.) Enjoy immediately!
Nestle Toll House Baking Mixes have no artificial flavoring or colors and come in four different varieties:
- Brownies & More with Butterfingers
- Brownies & More with chocolate morsels
- Cookies & More with Butterfingers
- Cookies & More with chocolate morsels