These cookies are a favorite in our family. They are my variation on the recipe found under the lid of Quaker Oatmeal. The original recipe calls for raisins but I think that chocolate and butterscotch chips are a much better option.
Butterscotch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick and 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Quaker Oats
- 1 cup EACH of chocolate chips and butterscotch chips
- Beat butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Stir in oatmeal, butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheet in rounded tablespoons (I use a cookie scoop)
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.