These are yet another of my pinspired desserts. They are lighter than a chocolate chip cookie yet still rich and delicious. I took 2 dozen of them to Justin's fire station and they were gone in a few hours. So it seems that they are a big hit. They were also very easy to make. Here's how:
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons butter (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients (flour through soda) in a bowl and set aside.
- In mixer, blend butter, sugar, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing with each addition, until all are incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop by tablespoon (or cookie scoop) on to a greased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
6. I flatten them out a little bit to help them bake more evenly.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until getting golden brown around the edges.