I have been wanting to make our own spaghetti squash for a really long time. I first tried it at my friend Carrie's wedding and I was amazed at how good it was. We finally got around to making it this week and it was as good as I remembered. It is also something that you can make a lot of different ways so I am looking forward to making it again soon.
We had to look around to find spaghetti squash at a decent price. We ended up buying ours at a local vegetable stand because they had the freshest looking squash and the best prices.
Here is how we did it:
- Cut your squash in half. It was really hard to cut but chopping off the ends made it a little easier.
2. Clean out the seeds and the insides with a spoon.
3. Brush insides with olive oil and I seasoned mine with Italian seasonings. You can also season with a little brown sugar.
4. Roast for 45 mins to an hour at 400 degrees. Edges will probably get golden brown and the insides should pull away easily with a fork.
5. Use a fork to shred/pull the insides away from the skin. They should form spaghetti like strands.
6. We tossed ours with a little butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
Serve warm. Enjoy!