I am so excited to be participating in the Surprise Recipe Swap this month! The SRS is a great group of bloggers who each get assigned another blog to pick a recipe off of and recreate it each month. I am honored to have gotten matched up with Earning My Cape this month.
I had so many great recipes to chose from and I really had a hard time picking just one but when I saw that Susie had various versions of Naan on her blog I knew that I would be recreating one of them.
Justin and I love naan bread. We usually buy it at Publix so when I saw how easy Susie made it sound to make it at home I jumped at the chance to try it. Justin was skeptical at first but even he came around when he saw how easy and how delicious it was to make it homemade.
Italian Herbs & Cheese Naan Flatbread adapted from Earning My Cape
- 4 cups flour (I used half all purpose, half bread flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2. Lightly whisk the egg and then add the egg, milk and warm water to the bowl and combine using a dough hook attachment.
3. Add the rest of the flour with the mixer still on until the dough starts to form a ball and pull away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a dish towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
5. Place dough onto a floured surface and knead in the garlic powder, seasoning and shredded cheese.
6. Divide dough into 8 pieces, roll them into balls and then let them rest on a baking tray lightly covered for another 30 minutes to allow them to rise further.
7. Heat a pan or griddle and then roll out each dough ball into a flattened out circle or oval. Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
8. Lightly grease the griddle/pan with butter and let the rolled out dough cook for 2-3 minute on each side until golden brown.
9. Either serve warm as a side dish or top with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake for an amazing homemade pizza!
Interested in joining the Surprise Recipe Swap? Click the button below and check out all the details!
Make sure you stop by this week's Mealtime Monday and link up any amazing recipes you have been working on lately.
***Depending on the day this post may be linked up to any of these fabulous linky parties.***
Do you host a weekly party? If so, make sure to visit my party page and add yours so we all can join in the fun!