Justin and I's current favorite recipe that we have now made a few times is Pesto Chicken Stuffed Shells.
- 1 box jumbo pasta shells
- 4oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 15oz part skim Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese (I also use a little grated Parmesan for topping)
- 3 tablespoons pesto (I use store bought)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce (any flavor/variety you like best)
- Boil pasta shells until al dente. They will cook the rest of the way in the oven.
- Combine the cream cheese, Ricotta, shredded cheese, pesto and a little salt and pepper. Mix well. and then stir in the shredded chicken.
- Layer the bottom of a 9x13 pan with tin foil and then spread a thin layer of the sauce on the bottom to keep shells from sticking.
4. Fill pasta shells with cheese and chicken mixture and lay them in the pan. Top with grated Parmesan.
5. Justin likes to top some of the shells with additional sauce.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for around 30 minutes or until the shells are bubbling hot and starting to brown a little on the top.