We are back from our cruise and we had an amazing time. It was so nice to just get away and relax together and we still have two more days before I have to head back to school. Now if I could just get myself to stop feeling like I am still rocking back and forth on the ship things would be perfect. First World problems, I know : )
I forced myself to get motivated and go to Publix tonight since we are having some people over for a St. Patty's Day/Justin's Birthday cookout tomorrow afternoon and there is no way I want to deal with the Saturday morning crowds.
I have been out of the swing of couponing things for the last few weeks due to preparations for our trip and general life craziness so today's trip was pretty unorganized and not too well planned. I basically spent 10 minutes looking at the weekly ad match ups, 5 minutes going through recipes of what I am making tomorrow to see what we needed, and 5 minutes pulling coupons.
It seemed like everything I needed or that was on sale this week either had coupons I didn't have, couldn't find or did have but they had just expired. I "only" saved 52% this week as a result of my lack of coupons, poor planning, and the fact that we needed lots of fresh foods and expensive staples like butter and lots of eggs for Justin's cake. We still need to get a little ground beef from Sam's tomorrow and I need green M&M's (I guess I have to hit up Walmart) for a fun St. Patrick's Day dessert before we can call it a week.
I almost said "the heck with it" and didn't bring my coupons or binder at all but paying full price would just be too painful and I didn't think I could handle it. I did have a $5 off Albertson's coupon so that lessened the blow of my lack of coupons as well.
Make sure to link up to your weekly totals and shopping trips below. Here's hoping you did better than I did!
Today's Publix Trip:
Total retail value: $105.03
Total spent: $51.62
Total saved: $54.91
Percent saved: 52%
Here is what I bought with sale/coupon match ups:
- 2 tubs of Philadelphia Cooking Creme, retails for $2.99, on sale for $2.00
- Used a $2/2 Publix Yellow Ad. Flyer coupon
- Stacked with two $1.50 off coupons from Kraft First Taste
- Made them both FREE plus .50 cents in overage each!
- 1 packages of Lay's Stax chips, retails for $1.69
- Used a FREE coupon WYB any Frito Lays Family Sized Chips
- In retrospect I should have used two of those coupons since the chips were BOGO but we don't eat them (being donated) and like I said I was completely unorganized this week
- Made them FREE
- 4 packages of Kraft Fresh Take, retails for $3.19, on sale for $2.00
- Used two $2/2 Publix coupons from the Yellow Ad. Flyer
- Stacked with four $1 off printables from coupons.com
- Made them all FREE we tried this last week and really like it and they had exp. dates well into June so I decided to grab a few more : )
- 2 bottles of Ken's Marinades, retails for $2.99 each, on sale BOGO ($1.50 each)
- Used two $1 off coupons from the 3/11 SS
- Made them .50 cents each
- 2 packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, retails for $2.67 each
- Used a .75/2 coupon from the Kraft 2012 Recipe Booklet
- Made them $2.30 each
- 2 16oz packages of Breakstone Sour Cream, retails for $2.89 each
- Used two .75 cents off coupons from the Kraft 2012 Recipe Booklet
- Made them $2.14 each
- Lettuce, $1.59
- Celery, $1.79
- Sour Kraut, retails for $2.59, on sale for $1.70. Can you tell Justin was shopping with me? He is terrible about throwing random things in the cart...
- Eat Smart Broccoli, retails for $2.50, on sale for $1.67
- Publix Spinach, $2.59
- Kraft Big Slices of cheese, retails for $3.19
- Used a $1 off coupon from the Kraft 2012 Recipe Booklet
- Made them $2.19
- Lemon, onion, tomatoes, $4.00 total
- Carrot sticks on sale for $1.70
- Publix Butter, $4.05 (Ouch!)
- Sargento One Pound Bag of Cheddar, retails for $7.19
- On sale for $4.99 (ended up being cheaper than Publix brand!)
- Pop Secret Popcorn Kernels, retails for $5.13
- On sale BOGO, $2.57 each I got a Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper last week so I am pretty excited!
- Snyder's Pretzels, retails for $3.29, on sale for $2.50
- 2 bags of Family Sized Tostitos, retails for $4.99
- On sale BOGO, made them $2.50 each
- 2 boxes of Betty Crocker Muffin Mix, retails for $2.99 each
- On sale BOGO, made them $1.50 each
- Publix 18 count of eggs, $2.89