|I finally got a good pictures of them before they got destroyed. It only took 5 tries...|
Get excited, the recipe for cheesy potatoes is finally up on the blog! People have been asking me to post this forever
and even though I am still not overly thrilled with the photos I have I am posting it now in hopes that I can update the pics in the future.
As weird as this may sound, this is quite possibly my favorite recipe that my family has. It is insanely easy, really bad for you and completely delicious. I make it for every party that Justin and I have. I always think I should try something different but I believe our friends would riot if they showed up and this wasn't on the menu : )
So for all my friends who said they want to make it over the holidays, here is the recipe!
Collins Family Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 two pound bag of frozen hash browns (cubed style)
- 1 small can of cream of chicken soup
- 16oz. sour cream
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (you will divide this)
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (this is optional, I don't include it but my mom does)
- Mix hash browns, onion (optional), 2 cups of Cheddar and a little salt and pepper together. Pour it evenly into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
2. Combine the melted butter, cream of chicken soup and sour cream. It won't look pretty but it is going to be delicious.
3. Spread that mixture over the potatoes.
4. Top with the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until cheese is turning golden brown on top and the sides are bubbling.
6. Let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving. It is nuclear hot right out of the oven and it needs a few minutes to set up to the perfect consistency.