|Weird. How did those Magnum bars get in there???|
After my huge shopping trip last week and a second Publix trip on Monday where I saved 90%!, I tried to keep my trip relatively small today. I really only grabbed some fresh staples and a few deals on basics this week.
We are still trying to eat from our freezers and not add to them too much during hurricane season but I did grab a great deal on a ham. We roasted one last week that was in the freezer from a past sale and we had left overs for days. I love being able to do that : )
Justin and I were laughing about the photo of today's trip because everything in the picture is looking like a normal person's shopping trip until you see the four boxes of ice cream bars.
Here's the deal on those, about a month and a half ago they were on sale for very cheap and grab an assortment of flavors. Well fast forward a month and Justin and I fighting over the last of the mint Magnum bars even though we have plenty of other flavors in the freezer. While I would never pay full price for these, I figure that at $1 a box I can afford to restock the "treat" section of our freezer.
I love that couponing allows me to have a small/light shopping week every now and then due to our stockpile. It was so nice to be in and out of the store in 30 minutes and our budget enjoyed the break too.
Breakdown of today's trip:
Total retail value: $79.43
Total spent: $34.71
Total saved: $47.72
Percent saved: 60%
What I got with sale/coupon match up:
- 4 boxes of Magnum Ice Cream Bars, retails for $3.99 each, on sale BOGO ($1.99 each)
- Used four $1 off coupons
- Made them .99 cents each
- 1 box of Glad trash bags, retails for $7.69, on sale for $5.99
- Used a $1 off Facebook coupon (I had it from awhile ago, I don't know if it's still available)
- Stacked with a $1 off Target coupon
- Made it $3.99 for the box
- 1 bag of Fresh Express Baby Spinach, retails for $4.09, on sale for $3.00
- 2 bags of Eat Smart Vegetables, retails for $2.50 each, on sale for $1.67 each
- 2 packages of Friendship Sour Cream, retails for $2.35 each, on sale BOGO ($1.17 each)
- Used two .70 cents blinkies found in the store
- Made them .47 cents each
- 1 package of Crunch Pac Apple Slices, retails for $3.29, on sale for $2.50
- Used a .55 cents off coupon from coupons.com but it may not still be available
- Made it $1.95 for the bag
- 6 packages of Publix Cream Cheese, retails for $1.99, on sale for $1.50
- Used three $1/2 Target Market Pantry coupons
- Made them $1 each
- 2 packages of Eclipse Gum, retails for $3.29 each, on sale BOGO made them $1.64 each
- 3 Dannon Okios Yogurts, retails for $1.25 each
- Used a .55 cents off blinkie
- Made them $1.06 each
- 1 dozen Publix eggs, retails for $2.19, on sale for $1.89
- A five and a half pound Publix ham, retails for $16.02, on sale for $6.91
How did you do this week? Inspire me (and everyone else) with your amazing savings and deals this week. Please link up directly to your specific post. Do not link up to your blog's home page, giveaways, or etsy shops please. You can now "like" Couponing & Cooking on Facebook too! I would love it if you would link back to this post or grab my button from the sidebar : )
Click below to link up your posts!