|Spent $8 for $27 worth!|
I have been a real slacker at playing the drugstore game lately. I have actually been slacking at couponing in general. Our schedules have been crazy with work, the house, life and the holidays.
I have pretty much just been doing my weekly Publix grocery trip and have actually had trouble getting motivated to even do that. Thank goodness for our stockpile and freezer full of meat, frozen veggies, bread, and a fridge that has plenty of milk and eggs at least for another few days : )
That is the beauty of couponing. I can go a few weeks without needed much and we don't have to without anything.
I was pretty much planning on just doing Publix on Thursday this week and maybe Target over the weekend but then I got an email from CVS with a coupon for a FREE 6-pack of Vitamin Water when you spent $10. There was also an Ibotta credit for that item too so I figured it was worth looking at the ad and seeing if there was $10 worth of stuff I wanted/needed.
When I saw that Reeses/Rolos were on a good sale and I had coupons I knew exactly what I would spend $10 on to use my coupon. I was needed them anyways to make these quick and easy Pinterest Pretzel Bites for my holiday baking/gift giving.
I also earned $3 in ECB's for buying the $10 worth (on sale but before coupons) of candy. I debated just holding on to my ECB's for next time but I always end up losing them or forgetting about them so I figured I would grab a few sale items so I could use them.
Make sure to come back tomorrow for my regular weekly totals Publix post!
Total retail value: $26.90
Total spent after coupons and ECB's: $7.03
Total saved: $19.87
Percent saved: 74%
What I got with sale/coupon/ECB match ups:
- 4 bags of candy, retails for $3.99 each, on sale for $2.50 each
- Used two $1.35/2 coupons from Coupons.com (savings club only) there is a $1.10/2 available for everyone though
- Made them $1.82 a bag
- 1 six pack of Vitamin Water, retails for $4.99, on sale for $4.88
- Used a CVS coupon for a FREE product when you spend $10 from the CVS website
- Earned .75 in an Ibotta deposit
- Made it FREE plus a .75 cents moneymaker!
- Spent $6.54 out of pocket
- Also earned $3 ECB's which I saved to put towards transaction #2
- 2 cans of Bumble Bee Tuna, retails for $2.19 each, on sale for $1.25 each
- 1 CVS mini baby powder, retails for $1.57, on sale for .99 cents
- Used my $3 ECB
- Spent .49 cents out of pocket
- Made the whole transaction