|Almost looks store bought, right?|
I am slightly obsessed with Lilly Pulitzer. If my budget and lifestyle allowed, I would wear it all day everyday. My planner is Lilly. My phone case is Lilly. I even have Lilly pj's, a Lilly umbrella and make up bags. Don't believe me? Check out my Lilly Pulitzer Pinterest Board. The only problem with my obsession is the price tag.
I pretty much only buy Lilly Pulitzer on sale (big sale!) or get it as a gift. I am pretty successful and finding it at TJMaxx, Lohemann's, on daily deals sites (RueLaLa), or just waiting for a major clearance sale. In my dream world, I have this Lilly Pulitzer Christmas tree and these Lilly pumpkins. Except I can't find any where to buy them at all let alone on sale.
So I decided to create my very own Lilly Pulitzer holiday decor. Keep in mind that this is really my first DIY project since I use to "scrapbook" in high school. Also keep in mind that I had to borrow my mom's glue gun because I don't even own one myself. And if you get too close, they don't look too pretty. Despite all that, I am beside myself with excitement about how this wreath turned out.
This wreath is a combination of some very common projects cycling around the internet and the world of DIY. It's kind of a marriage of decoupaged eggs and the hot gluing of plastic eggs to a dollar store wreath. Here is the very simple process.
1.) Ideally I would have used Lilly fabric for these decoupage eggs but since I didn't have any on hand I used old pages from last year's planner and pages of the recent spring catalog which you can request for free online. I just picked out the patterns I wanted to use and ripped them up into the right sized pieces.
|The tile here is for the decoupage coasters I am hoping to get around to making some time soon.|
2.) I then decoupaged the scraps on to plastic Easter eggs I got for .99 cents a package at Target.
3.) I hot glued the eggs to a wreath from the dollar store and finished it off with a bow made of ribbon from my Tupperware bin full of saved gift packaging items. The bow looked a little weak so I made a mini egg to glue in the middle of it to tie it all together. (no pun intended)
4.) I added a loop of ribbon at the top of the wreath once I realized that because of the eggs it wouldn't fit on my wreath holder for the front door.
Sadly that four step process took me a few days to complete. Oh well, I am in love with the final product and couldn't be more excited about how cute it turned out.
Make sure you stop by this week's Mealtime Monday and link up any amazing recipes you have been working on lately.
***Depending on the day this post may be linked up to any of these fabulous linky parties.***