The weather here in South Florida was very dreary this week so I guess that may be why both of this week's features are classic comfort foods. Something about rainy weather (even hot rainy weather) kind of makes me want to curl up at home and make warm, homestyle food.
My husband would think he had died and gone to heaven if I made him this homemade gravy from Liz at Love Grows Wild. I have never made gravy like that from scratch so maybe I will have to use some of my free mornings this summer to try it.
You may not know this about me, but I LOVE chicken pot pie. We are constantly trying new versions of this classic recipe and when I saw Rill from Rill's Menu had linked up her version of this dish, I knew we would be trying it soon.
Thank you all again for linking up! I love having lots of new menu ideas to add to our weekly rotations. I would love for you to spread this word about this link up by grabbing a button or by linking back. The more the merrier!
You can also check out my newly created pin board for Mealtime Monday Features where I will be pinning the original links to the items featured here each week.
If you were featured you can feel free to grab a button from my sidebar. I am hoping to soon be fancy enough to include that in my posts and will hopefully be designing a Mealtime Monday and an "I was featured..." button in the not too distant future.
Can't wait to see what you have been up to lately and I love being inspired by all the delicious looking dishes you create.
I will be featuring my favorites next weekend and I will be pinning things to my Pinterest boards too. Make sure you check out my Link Ups page for lots more fun places to link up at too.
As I teacher, I enforce rules all day so I am going to call these my suggestions.
I would love it if:
- You would link back to this post/blog. You can do so by grabbing my button (upper right hand corner), linking back to this post in your post, or by adding this blog to your list of places you link up to/party at on your Link Parties page. The more people who link up the better it is for all of us : )
- Please follow this blog through GFC, Linky Friends or Blog Lovin.
- Please only post directly to your recipe link. No giveaways, etsy shops or anything not family friendly.
- Visit at least two new blogs and show them some love.
- Come back next Monday and link up!