I can't believe another week is over. It will be summer before we know it and I am totally fine with that.
After an inventory of my two freezers this week, I realized that we have tons of frozen foods that we need to start slowly whittling away at before the start of hurricane season this summer. The thought of losing my highly prized stockpile of meat, frozen veggies and other items makes me cringe.
I am pretty glad I went through things because I realized that we still have 2 1/2 bags of Purdue chicken, 2 packs of fresh (then frozen) Publix chicken, 3 whole chickens, a ham, some ground beef and a pork loin in our stash. This means I won't be buying meat for a few weeks unless I see a really, really good sale. I also have about 20 bags of frozen veggies so I decided to forgo fresh ones this week so we can work on what we have.
Not buying meat or veggies allowed me to use my grocery budget to get 2 bottles of allergy medicine, and 18 pack of toilet paper, and take advantage of the extended Spring Cleaning sale without exceeding $50. I am slowly starting to stock up on things like peanut butter just in case we do need things this hurricane season.
I ended up saving 66% this week and I was able to use my last $5/$30 Publix spring cleaning coupon stacked with a $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupon from Enjoy the City. I hit up Target earlier this week and spent $6 putting my weekly shopping total right at $50.
Breakdown of today's trip:
Total retail value: $132.14
Total spent: $44.45
Total saved: $87.69
Percent saved: 66%
What I bought with sale/coupon match ups:
- 2 tubs of DiGiorno Cheese, retails for $4.79 each
- On sale BOGO made them $2.39 each
- Kraft Fresh Takes, retails for $2.99 each, on sale BOGO ($1.49 each)
- Used two $1 off coupons from a Kraft First Taste home mailer
- Made them .49 cents each check out my Fresh Takes Pasta Bake!
- 2 jars of Peter Pan peanut butter, retails for $3.49 each
- On sale BOGO made them $1.74 each
- 2 boxes of 4C Panko Bread Crumbs, retails for $1.59 each
- On sale BOGO, made them .79 cents each
- Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner, retails for $2.29 each, on sale BOGO ($1.14 each)
- Used a $1/2 coupon from the 4/15 SS
- Made them .64 cents each
- 2 Lysol All Purpose Cleaners, retails for $2.69 each, on sale BOGO ($1.34 each)
- Used a $1/2 coupon from the 4/15 SS
- Made them .84 cents each
- 4 packs of Jello Pudding/Gelatin, retails for $3.39 each, on sale for $2.00 each
- Used four .60 cents off coupons from the 4/1 SS
- Stacked with two $1/2 Publix coupons from the Stocking Spree booklet
- Made them .90 cents each
- 1 carton of Smart Balance milk, retails for $3.99, on sale for $2.50
- Used a $1 off coupon from the 4/1 SS
- Made it $1.50
- 4 single serving cartons of Silk Almond Milk, retails for $1.19 each, on sale for $1.00 each
- Used four .55 cents off coupons from Coupons.com
- Made them .45 cents each
- 5 pound bag of Publix Red Potatoes, retails for $4.09
- On sale for $2.99
- 2 packages of Allegra Allergy Medicine (30 count each), retails for $22.49 each, on sale for $17.99 each
- Used two $4.00 off coupons from SmartSource.com
- Stacked with two $4.00 off Publix coupons from the Green Ad. Flyer
- Made them $9.99 each
- 2 boxes of New York Texas Toast, retails for $3.65 each, on sale 50% for $1.83 each
- Used two .55 cents off blinkies found in store
- Made them $1.28 each
- 1 tub of Charmin Freshmates, retails for $2.89, on sale for $2.29
- Used a Publix Stocking Spree coupon for FREE Freshmates WYB any Charmin product
- Made them FREE
- 18 roll package of Charmin toilet paper, retails for $14.69, on sale for $9.99
- Used a $1 off any Charmin product coupon from a P&G Home Mailer
- Stacked with a $2 off Target Coupon WYB both Charmin toilet paper and Freshmates from the 3/4 Target P&G insert
- Made it $6.99
Click below to link up your posts!