|Paid $38 for $85 worth|
I had an amazing shopping week. Between saving 89% at CVS (after Olay rebate) and getting paid to buy $89 worth of stuff at Publix earlier this week, I wasn't even disappointed that today's new Publix ad really had nothing for us in it.
Since we are heading out of town next week and need to clean out our fridge and freezer before we leave, I decided to just wing it and spent this week's grocery budget on things we wanted/needed to make some of the fun meals we have planned over the next few days. My list was only 4 items long... I NEVER do that.
I got goat cheese and fresh basil for the pizzas we are making from scratch on the grill tonight; I got deli meat and cheese to stuff the homemade pitas I made for lunch today, and I got a few extra things (like Doritos and cheddar) to make our lightened up version of Taco Pie early next week since we need to use up some ground beef.
I was still able to save 55% today and grab some great deals on school supplies, tp, and other things. It's nice to take a break from shopping the super deals and since we have a great stockpile (thank you couponing!) we can do that every so often without needing to buy much. I really only used a few coupons and a $5/$30 Winn Dixie coupon.
Remember to link up your weekly shopping trips at the bottom of this post and if you host any link ups of your own feel free to swing by my revamped Parties page and add them to my list : )
Breakdown of today's trip:
Total retail value: $84.57
Total spent: $37.94
Total saved: $46.63
Percent saved: 55%
What I got with sale/coupon match ups:
- Charmin 18 Double Roll Package, retails for $14.69, on sale for $10.99
- Used a $1 off coupon from a home mailer (Vocalpoint I think)
- Stacked with a $1 off Publix coupon from the in store Stocking Spree display
- Made it $8.99
- 1 bag of Eat Smart Veggies, retails for $2.50, on sale for $1.67
- 1 bag of Publix shredded cheddar cheese, retails for $3.59, on sale for $2.50
- 4 EverReady Flashlights, retails for $3.99 each
- Used four $2 off man. coupons from the Publix Smart Savings Booklet
- Stacked with four $1 off Publix coupons from the Green Ad. Flyer
- Made them .99 cents each (perfect to have on hand for hurricane season)
- 1 pound of Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter, retails for $4.43, on sale for $2.50
- 4 snack sized bags of Doritos, .50 cents each (I didn't want to buy a whole bag just for Taco Pie)
- Around half a pound of Boar's Head Turkey, $5.45
- Quarter pound of Publix Munster Cheese, on sale for $1.35
- Publix Goat Cheese, $2.99
- 8 pairs of Scotch Scissors (for my classroom), retails for $2.09 each, on sale BOGO ($1.04 each)
- Used two $2/4 coupons from Coupons.com (no longer available)
- Made them .54 cents each
- 3 packages of 24 count Crayola Crayons (classroom), retails for $1.98 each
- On sale for .33 cents each
- Garlic, .33 cents
- Cucumber, .85 cents
- Big tub of locally grown fresh basil, $2.99 (only .50 cents more than the little package I usually get!)
- 3 Voskos Greek Yogurts, retails for $1.50 each, on sale for $1 each
- Used a $1/3 coupon from the Publix Smart Savings Booklet
- Made them .67 cents each
Click below to link up your posts!