|Got all of this ($130 worth) for $19 after my $25 gift card!|
I know, I know, I have been a terrible blogger. No Favorite Publix deals post this week, I am nine days late on the first installment of the Homemade Bread Challenge (post WILL be up tomorrow), and I have been slacking in general. We have just had a crazy last week or so.
Not only was it 4th of July this week but my father-in-law was very sick and our fire alarm was malfunctioning and waking us up (more like scaring me half to death) at 3am complete with a visit from the Fire Department, which as the wife of a firefighter is a very embarrassing thing : )
Fingers crossed life should be back to some type of normal this week and I really am going to get on a posting schedule. I thought summer vacation would be easier to blog, think again!
The good news is that couponing was great this week! I was so happy about my trip (I also went to Target tonight and that post should be up tomorrow). The sale/coupon stars alined and I was able to get everything on my list and more. I had a $5 off Enjoy the City coupon and a $25 gift card from a blog promotion so I only spent $19.37 out of pocket after sales, BOGO's, coupons and gift card.
I was so happy to be able to pair the BOGO Barilla sale with my $2 off when you buy $6 worth of Barilla products hang tags and add to our stock pile. The pantry only had 3 jars of pasta sauce left in it and I think Justin was getting a little nervous : ) We really didn't need pasta since we have close to 30 boxes in the stockpile (I am not as crazy as you think I am...) but at such a good price I grabbed some "shapes" Justin said we were low on.
I wasn't planning on buying meat this week since I am trying to use up most of our frozen meat since it is hurricane season and we have a few things that are nearing the three month mark (I try not to keep anything in the freezer longer than that) so we are planning on roasting a few whole chickens this week and maybe even cooking a ham.
But I did grab a bag of the Purdue individually packaged chicken breasts not because they were a great price but Justin likes being able to grab a single piece for work without a lot of hassle. They were on a tiny sale and I had a coupon so it wasn't too bad, but still way more than I like to pay for chicken.
Make sure you link up your weekly shopping posts below!
Breakdown of today's trip:
Total retail value: $128.35
Total spent out of pocket after $25 gift card: $19.37
Total saved including gift card: $108.98
Percent saved: 85%
What I got with sale/coupon match ups:
- 2 packages of Olay Regenerist Face Wipes, retails for $6.99 each, on sale for $4.49 each
- Used two $3 off coupons from the 7/1 P&G
- Stacked with two $2 off Target Beauty Bag coupons
- Made them both FREE plus a $1.02 MONEYMAKER total
- 4 travel sized packages of Advil, retails for $1.49 each
- Used two $3/2 (no size restrictions) coupons you need to click through from the coupon to the webpage
- Made them all FREE
- Sparkle Paper Towels, 6 Mega Roll count, retails for $7.27, on sale for $5.49
- Used a $1 off printable
- Already used my CMN Publix coupon
- Made them $4.49 not a great price but we were almost out...
- 2 Haas Avocados, retails for $1.50 each, on sale for $1 each
- 3 cans of Chef Boyadree, retails for $1.55 each, on sale for $1 each (Justin requested these for the hurricane stash, I personally would not eat them)
- 4 jars of Barilla Pasta Sauce, retails for $3.07 each, on sale BOGO ($1.54 each)
- Used a $2 off WYB $6 worth of Barilla products hang tag
- Made them $1.03 each
- 8 boxes of Barilla Pasta, retails for $1.69 each, on sale BOGO (.84 cents each)
- Used four .55/2 coupons from the 6/24 SS
- Also used a $2 off WYB $6 worth of Barilla products hang tag (interpreted as a $ amount off your total so I could still use coupons for the products)
- Made it .32 cents a box
- 4 bags of Fresh Express Salad/Baby Spinach, retails for $3.99 each, on sale BOGO ($1.99 each)
- Used two $1/2 Publix coupons from the Smart Savings Booklet
- Made it $1.49 a bag
- 4 Fage Greek Yogurts, retails for $1.50 each, on sale for $1.00 each
- 2 bottles of Clear Eyes Eye Drops, retails for $3.99 each, on sale BOGO ($1.99 each)
- Used two $1 off coupons from the 5/13 SS (product also had $1 off peelies on them which I saved for later)
- Made it .99 cents each
- Domino Light Brown Sugar, $1.29 not on sale but we needed it
- 4 packages of Buitoni Frozen Whole Wheat Ravioli, retails for $3.99 each
- On sale BOGO, made them $1.99 each
- 1 two pound bag of Purdue Perfectly Portioned Chicken Breasts, retails for $8.99, on sale for $7.99
- Used a $1 off coupon from the 6/24 RP or printable here
- Made it $6.99 for two pounds
- 1 half gallon of Silk Almond Milk, retails for $3.49
- Used a $1 off printable (no more prints)
- Made it $2.49
- 2 bottles of Garnier Fructis Shampoo/Conditioner, retails for $3.49, on sale for $2.69
- Used two $1 off coupons
- Stacked with a $1/2 Target Beauty Bag Coupon
- Made them $1.19 each
How did you do this week? Inspire me (and everyone else) with your amazing savings and deals this week. Please link up directly to your specific post. Do not link up to your blog's home page, giveaways, or etsy shops please. You can now "like" Couponing & Cooking on Facebook too! I would love it if you would link back to this post or grab my button from the sidebar : )
Click below to link up your posts!