Today was a little sad for me because it is the last Thursday shopping trip I will get to do at my own timing and leisure for awhile. Teacher work days start next week and I will be back to doing my Thursday shopping on my way home for school. The upside is that I love the Publix on the way home from work and it is the most coupon friendly store in my county and always has all the new booklets out so that will be a nice change from my store next to my house.
Since I hit up Target and Walmart this week, I only did a small trip to Publix today. There really weren't any sales that jumped out at me and I feel like we are decently stocked on most things so I kept it low key. I skipped meat and frozen items today since we have plenty and we are trying to clear some space in the freezers in anticipation of the prep I will be doing for our End of Summer BBQ and because I will be doing some freezer cooking this weekend and next week so we can be ready for the busy nights that always occur with back to work for me.
I have a little grocery money left from this week to hit up the Farmers' Market on Saturday but just in case it's too hot to go I grabbed a decent amount of veggies today. I also took advantage of the sale on potatoes. 10 pounds is way too much for the two of us to eat before they go bad but I am going to make a big batch of Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes and freeze it into smaller portions for future use.
I only had $12 in coupons today and that included a $5 off Winn Dixie coupon so you can see that most of my saving came from store pricing. Further proof that you can still save plenty on your groceries by being smart and shopping the sale cycles if coupons aren't your thing : )
Breakdown of today's Publix trip:
Total retail value: $65.84
Total spent: $27.23
Total saved: $38.61
Percent saved: 59%
What I got with sale/coupon match ups:
- 4 packages of Bic Mechanical Pencils, retails for $3.69 each, on sale for $1 each
- Used two $1/2 coupons from the 7/29 SS
- Made them .50 cents each
- 2 packages of Cracker Barrel Cheese Slices, retails for $3.19 each, on sale for $2.50 each
- Used two $1 off coupons from the Kraft 2012 Recipes Booklet
- Stacked with two $1 off Publix coupons from the Stocking Spree booklet
- Made them .50 cents each package
- 2 five pound bags of baking potatoes, retails for $4.09 each
- On sale for $2.99 each per five pound bag
- 2 bags of Eat Smart Veggies, retails for $2.51 each, on sale for $1.67 each
- 3 Et Tu Salad Kits, retails for $2.50 each, on sale for $1.49 each
- Two bags of Fresh Express Baby Spinach, retails for $3.99 each, on sale BOGO
- Made it $1.99 each
- 1 bag of Publix baby carrots, $1.79
- 1 Fage Greek Yogurt, $1.50
- 2 Odwalla Smoothies, retails for $2.50, on sale for $2 each
- Used two .55 cents off coupons (no longer available to print)
- Made them $1.45 each
- 2 bags of Goldfish, retails for $2.39 each, on sale BOGO, made them $1.19 each
- 1 half gallon of Publix 1% Milk, $2.49
Click below to link up your posts!